Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Journey to "I Do": Campovida


As I recently became engaged, I’ve come to realize that after all of the “Congratulations!” comes, “When and where are you having the wedding?”  So to help you hone in on your perfect “location location location,” I’m here to shed some light on some spectacular venues throughout our area.  Follow me as I search for the perfect spot and vendor team for my fiancée
and I to say “I Do” to, and inspire you to discover new places and vendors for your own wine country wedding.

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting with Kristen Stimpert at Campovida.  No, it’s not a camping ground, but rather a serene retreat located off the 101 North in Hopland, CA.  Stunned by the tree-lined driveway entrance, I just knew upon entering Campovida that it was going to be something special. 

Entryway to the Gardens
Flourishing gardens, fields, and vineyards make up the acres of land that Campovida rests on.  Though the land has been passed on through many generations, the property’s function as a multi-faceted event space is fairly new within the past year.  Escaping into the peacefully picturesque environment, there are many locations within the grounds to host your event, including the grape vine covered Learning Arbor for ceremonies and the Barn or Gardens for receptions.  The Honeymoon Cottage is complimentary upon booking your event reservation, plus there’s onsite lodging for your guests!

Check out the charming barn at Campovida!
Imagine your ceremony under this flourishing arbor in the fall!  

Cozy onsite lodging!
Piazza de Campovida
And don’t let me forget to tell you that the space lends itself perfectly to all of your wedding festivity needs.  Rehearsal dinners and post wedding brunches could be footsteps away in the culinary pavilion with a pond view and fire pit, on the lawn space complete with picnic tables and bocce ball, or just a jaunt down the road at the newly opened Piazza de Campovida serving pizza and brews inclusive of local ingredients.

If you’re looking for a space of solitude that’s truly in a league of it’s own, Campovida may be just the perfect fit for your perfect day.

Picture perfect for a spring reception blooming with wisteria!

Best wishes!
~ Janell H. (soon to be E.)

1 comment: